Thursday, July 21
It’s summertime, which means two things. One, we need to do something fun. Two, you need good dishes for summer entertaining. How about I combine the two by doing a giveaway (fun!) of my most favorite melamine dishes (perfect for summer)? Let’s do it.
Pictured: Knoll Gardens Serving Bowl
I’ve been working with Q Squared NYC for some time now and continue to love their dishes and serveware year after year. Not only does Q Squared have gorgeous designs, but the quality of their melamine is top notch. I know you think you know melamine, but this melamine is just so much better than what you normally see in stores – thick, heavy (in a good way!) and just plain pretty. You can click here to learn more about what melamine is (I just discovered myself that it’s an organic-based material!) and why Q Squared’s is so lovely. We have a set of Q Squared plates we use every day. I’ve been cleaning them in the dishwasher for years and they look as good as new. And my kids have yet to break anything made by Q Squared. Their dishes are indestructible!
While our family uses Q Squared dishes every day no matter where we eat, I am especially grateful for the dishes when we are eating outside. I have zero worries about anything getting broken. And I love hosting parties and taking food to potlucks because it means I get to break out all of my awesome Q Squared serving platters and trays. I kid you not, I get compliments on them every time.
Pictured: Royal Lapis Dinner Plate, Salad Plate and Bread & Butter Plate
Since it’s summer, I think you need a little Q Squared loveliness in your life, too! You have two options to make this happen. First, go shopping and use the code JANE20 to get 20% off everything at Q Squared (code is valid through Labor Day 9/5/16). I promise you will love whatever you buy! Your second option is to enter the summer giveaway below!
To celebrate their beautiful new summer collections, including the Knoll Gardens and Royal Lapis patterns you see in this post, Q Squared is giving away a 12-piece dinnerware set to one of you lucky people! To enter, leave a comment below telling us which pattern you would choose. That’s all you have to do! Click here to view all of the collections. Be sure to leave your comment telling us your favorite pattern by Midnight PT on Friday, July 29, 2016.
I don’t want to influence you too heavily or anything, but I am head-over-heels in love with my new Knoll Gardens dishes. They are GORGEOUS. I mean, the Royal Lapis is gorgeous, too, but Knoll Gardens really has me smitten. 😉
Happy Shopping!Thank you to Q Squared NYC for sponsoring today’s post and hosting the giveaway!
Wednesday, November 27
For The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays (one signed copy of the book for each winner):
- Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef, who said, “This cranberry sauce looks SO good!”
- Alison, who said, “Would love to win!”
- Cynthia Hayes, who said, “Love the Pioneer Woman”
For The Fresh 20 (one copy of the book and one year subscription to The Fresh 20 for each winner):
- 2wellsmade5, who said, “That’s funny I just bought bags of broccoli to make a soup this weekend! Yeah, I love new recipes. Thanks”
- Gina Guthrie, who said, “Broccoli cheddar soup is a favorite of mine.”
For Absolutely Avocados (one copy of the book)
- Stella (Ex Libris), who said, “I have heard of using avocados in chocolate cakes and brownies, sounds really exciting to me, I’ll have to try it. This cookbook sounds really interesting. would love to experiment with some of the recipes! “
Congratulations to all the winners! I will be in touch via email!
For everyone else, if you want to buy any of the three books above, here are some links for you. They would all make great holiday gifts!
And stay tuned for more fabulous Gifts & Giveaways posts…we’ve got some great stuff coming up!
Monday, November 4
I think it’s time that I share the biscotti I teased you with yesterday!
This year I’m taking part in the Handmade Holidays Bake, Craft, Sew-Along with Rachel, Cindy and Kelly. They are some pretty awesome ladies and every year they organize 30 days of blog posts on their blogs written by a whole gaggle of great bloggers sharing homemade holiday gift ideas that you can bake, craft and sew! It’s pretty sweet (pun intended)!
My post went up today on Rachel’s blog A Southern Fairytale. I share a recipe for mini homemade holiday biscotti along with a super easy and inexpensive holiday treat packaging idea. Be sure to jump on over there to check it out!
In addition to all the great posts, Handmade Holidays is also hosting a wonderful giveaway! You can enter using the Rafflecopter form below to win $600 dollars worth of goodies! AND you can enter once a day! Here is the prize package:
- Ninja Ultima Blender, donated by the wonderful people at Ninja Kitchen
- Stella epiphanie bag (my favorite camera bag!) in your choice of color
- ONE YEAR subscription for Momables’ amazing meal planning service and a $25 Amazon gift card
- A copy of the newly released Bountiful: Recipes Inspired By Our Garden by Todd Porter and Diane Cu
- A copy of Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- A $100 design credit from Design Chicky – to help you create custom recipes cards, a Facebook page, or any of her other services!
Monday, September 16
Looks like it’s giveaway season on this here blog because I’ve got another one!
Today I am teaming up with some wonderful bloggers and companies I love to do a big fat giveaway worth ~$600! If you are in the “Starting Solids” phase of life with a baby (or know someone who is!), then you need to enter this giveaway!
- From giggle, a BABYBJÖRN high chair (like this one) and bib
- method is going to help you clean it all up with all-purpose cleaner, foaming dish soap, and laundry detergent
- Plum Organics is offering a tasting menu of $100 worth of goodies
- variety of NEW Stage 3 Training Meal pouches — varieties include mild herbs & spices!
- variety of fruit, veggie, whole grain and Greek yogurt blends in easy, squeeze pouches
- variety of Super Puffs, Little Yums and Little Crèmes for tiny teethers
- set of Plum’s Dispensing Spoon by Boon for one-handed feeding
To enter, use the handy-dandy Rafflecopter entry form below. There are plenty of ways to get extra entries! Winner will be selected on 9/30. Good luck!
Fine print and disclosures: We did not receive compensation for running this sweepstakes; we just wanted to get together and get a great prize for our readers. We hope you like it. Retail value for prize is between $400 and $600 depending on where you shop. Rafflecopter widget will choose a single winner of all prizes. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before another winner will be chosen. And so on. Winners must be over age 18 and live in the continental USA. No cash awards will be given in place of this prize so don’t enter unless you want it. Void where prohibited.
Tuesday, September 10
This morning as I was unpacking the last of the moving boxes, I found stacks and stacks of business cards. It was fun to thumb through them and see names of people that I have since gotten to know much better and, in some cases, formed great friendships with. One of those cards was from Kathy Strahs of Panini Happy and Cooking on the Side. Kathy and I have done a good job of keeping in touch over the years and, in the last 8 months or so, have gotten to know each other very well because we now live near one another! I love Kathy to pieces – she is kind, thoughtful, accomplished and super smart. I love how strategic and savvy she is with everything she does and I always learn so much when I am with her. Kathy is the best!
I am beyond thrilled to share Kathy’s big news with you – her first book The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook is officially on sale today! I received my copy last week and it is beautiful, clear, informative, creative and just plain delicious! (Okay, the book isn’t delicious, but the food you can make with it certainly is!) Kathy’s book starts with a great primer about what to look for in a panini press and what tools and ingredients you need to make the perfect panini. And, of course, the rest of the book is chock-full of recipes!
If you have a panini press, you have to get this book. It is an invaluable resource. If you do not have a panini press, you should still get this book and a panini press while you’re at it! (Kathy is giving one away today if you’d like to try your hand at a free Breville panini press!)
My favorite part of the book (and Kathy’s blog in general) is how she illustrates the versatility of the panini press. She cooks all kinds of things on her press, from breakfast items to ice cream cones to spatchcocked game hens! The book captures this talent of Kathy’s beautifully and it is a great inspiration in the kitchen!
I thought it would be fun to create “The Ultimate Panini Press Weekly Menu” based on Kathy’s book! Here goes!
– Pulled BBQ Chicken Panini (p. 18) with caramelized onions (p. 19) with coleslaw and chips
– Chicken Teriyaki (p. 63) with rice and broccoli
– Grilled Flank Steak Fajitas (p. 148) with chips and Grilled Tomatillo Guacamole (p. 237)
– Crab Melt Panini (p. 170) with Bacon (p. 114) and side salad
– Breakfast for Dinner: Grilled French Toast (p. 293) with fresh fruit
– Turkey Apple Panini with Fig and Gruyere (p. 50)
– Spatchcocked Game Hen (p. 68) with salad and rolls
Pretty impressive, eh? I could have planned a year’s worth of weekly menus based on this book!
If you want to get your hand on Kathy’s book so you can make all these recipes, go buy her book on Amazon!
The giveaway is now closed. Thank you!
I also have the opportunity to give away one signed copy of The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook. To enter, please leave a comment on this post before midnight PT on Monday, 9/16.
Congratulations, Kathy! All of your hard work has paid off – your book is wonderful! Mwah!
Thursday, May 2
Time to announce the green lunchbox giveaway winners! (Sorry I didn’t post them yesterday, I was too busy riding the teacups at Disneyland!)
Lisa D, who said: Would love to try these green products! 🙂
welcome to our wonderland, who said: Love your blog 🙂
Maybe it was the use of smiley emoticons that got them the good luck!