Tuesday, September 21
Menlo Park Week was oodles of fun for me, but I’m a little happy it’s over so I can finally share this honey goat cheese pizza with you! It’s divine. I can’t take credit for the idea of this pizza…that goes to my dear friend Faye. Yet another reason I’m grateful Faye is in my life.
Here’s why I love this pizza. The sweetness of the goat cheese and the caramelized onions balances perfectly with the saltiness of the parmesan cheese and the salt that you sprinkle on the pizza. And the texture of the mozzarella cheese balances out the goat cheese oh so nicely. It’s perfection on a pizza crust.Honey Goat Cheese PizzaAuthor: Jane Maynard inspired by my friend Faye SteinIngredients
- Honey goat cheese from Trader Joe's (If you don't have a TJ's, then I would recommend using regular goat cheese and drizzling some honey over the pizza before baking - you gotta get that sweetness in there. You could even mix some honey in with the goat cheese before putting dabs on the pizza.)
- Caramelized onions
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (or shredded if that's what you have in the fridge, but the fresh is just so yummy)
- Fresh parmesan cheese (sorry, this one has to be fresh, folks)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pizza crust (Obviously! Click here for the recipe I use.)
- Make your crust. When it's ready to be topped, drizzle some olive oil on the crust and spread around with your fingers. Sprinkle salt all over the crust, and a bit of pepper. Top with the caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese and fresh parmesan cheese. Like I mentioned in the ingredients list, if you can't get your hands on the Trader Joe's honey goat cheese - I would just drizzle a bit of honey over the pizza before topping with the cheeses and onions. You could also mix your plain goat cheese with honey before putting dabs of the cheese on the pizza.
- Bake on a pizza stone at the highest heat your oven can put out until cheese is bubbly and the crust is browned (or bake your pizza how you normally bake it).