Friday, April 25
All of the kale talk this week inspired me to throw up a post on Huffington Post about kale chips. When I shared the link on my personal FB page, it generated quite the discussion. It was kind of awesome. Also, more people hate kale chips than love them, so that makes me feel sufficiently vindicated. One more also, a friend mentioned that Jim Gaffigan also has strong feelings about kale. Basically, all of this makes me happy.
Here are my posts on Cosmo this week:
- 15 Crazy Twists on Pretzels
- 17 Life-Changing Cooking Hacks (this post is pretty darn cool!)
- 12 Crazy Amazing Things to Do With Chocolate Chips
And a fun post on Babble that my girls helped me write!
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! And remember to share your own stuff, including your thoughts and feelings on kale chips! 😉
Tuesday, April 22
I received an email from reader Lisa two weeks ago asking if I could ask you all for some kale recipes. She said she’s gotten so many great recipes from other commenters on the blog before. She’s in a kale rut and is hoping you all can help, which I’m certain you can!
So, that’s the theme for today’s Call for Recipes: KALE! Share your favorite kale recipes, tips for cooking and working with kale, whatever! Feel free to type out recipes or just link to recipes, it’s all fair game.
Here is what I have to add to the conversation:
- To kick us off I’ll share the best kale recipe I’ve ever made. It’s really simple. You go to Costco and buy their kale salad mix. It’s delicious and foolproof. 😉 Seriously, though, we had it for Easter and loved it!
- I recently wrote an article on Cosmopolitan.com about kale, with tips for how to cook it and a roundup of kale recipes from a bunch of great food bloggers. Click here for the kale Cosmo fun!
- I’ve decided the world is full of LIARS because I recently had kale chips for the first time and they are absolutely not as good as potato chips. In fact, they’re disgusting. Nate agrees with me, by the way. And, before you ask, we had beautifully-cooked kale chips at a fabulous restaurant, so if we were going to like kale chips, those would have been the ones. So, the next time someones says, “No, really, kale chips are awesome!” I’m going to throw a pie in their face. Kale pie. Also, please don’t let my obviously-strong opinion keep you from sharing your kale chip recipes because, apparently, some people actually do like this healthy snack!
- Hansen’s makes kale soda now. Yeah, yeah, I’m sure it’s delicious. Just like kale chips.
Your turn! Share all your kale magic!