Friday, September 30
Hi friends! It’s Friday Show and Tell time, and today it’s all about watching and listening to good stuff. This should keep you busy over the weekend, when you’re not cheering on Stanford football, that is. 😉
Netflix just keeps on keeping on with the great content. Here are a few things I’m most excited about this week:
- Disney on Netflix! It’s official – Netflix is the only place you can stream Disney movies on a pay TV service, which means they will continue to keep adding great Disney films to Netflix all the time. Zootopia is on there right now (my kids are obsessed) and Robin Hood. (We all had a crush on that sly fox when we were kids, right? Just me?)
- As of today we can finally watch Luke Cage! Luke Cage is the third of the Marvel Defenders series on Netflix and I can’t wait to get watching. We liked Daredevil a lot (although still need to watch Season 2), loved Jessica Jones and anticipate adding Luke to our list of favorite superheroes.
- I’m intrigued by the new documentary Amanda Knox. They say if you liked Making a Murderer then this one is right up your alley (and it’s simply a movie rather than a whole series, which is kind of nice, actually).
- I almost forgot! Have you watched Narcos yet? We blasted through Season 2 in less than a week. SO GOOD.
Just a heads up that I added a bunch of songs to my Kitchen Tunage playlist on Spotify (it’s been a while). Also, I created a new playlist called Happy Music. These are all the songs I made my family listen to in the car on my birthday. They make me car dance like a fool. Enjoy!
I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team, which means they send me cool stuff from time to time. For the record, I would be addicted to Netflix in spite of said cool stuff.
Friday, December 20
Show and tell time! I skipped it last week because I didn’t have much to share, but this week I have tons!
Photo credit: Restless Collective
Random awesome stuff:
- I put all of our favorite Christmas music into a handy Spotify playlist. Click here to listen!
- New York Magazine featured our cousin Morrigan and her project Restless Collective this week, with good reason. Click here to see the NY Mag feature. Mo and Alan have amazing photography and storytelling skills.
- Nate’s brother is in a band called Sam Cooper & Friends and they are GOOD. Jake is second from the right in this video. Love the Internet so we can hear his band play even from far away.
- This is just plain FUNNY.
A few of my “Babbles”:
- Not Your Grandma’s Cookies – 15 Holiday Cookies with a Twist!
- 25 Cozy Gluten-Free Holiday Desserts
- The 25 Best Chocolate Desserts for the Holidays
- 13 Delicious and Creative Meatloaf Recipes
- Top 10 Beer-Battered Recipes
- 15 Scrumptious and Creative Biscuit Recipes
Phew! I think today’s Show and Tell could keep you busy for a few hours!
As usual, would love to see anything you would like to share!
Posted by Jane Maynard at 10:10 am No Comments
Categories: babble, fab faves, show and tell Tags: babble, christmas music, kitchen tunage, restless collective, sam cooper & friends, show and tell, spotify |
Friday, September 13
I cannot believe it’s Friday already! We have a fun weekend ahead. Our good friends Brandon and Wendy are in town with their kids, and my mom and sister come later today. It’s a party at the Maynard’s! As a result of the impending visitors, my house is spic and span clean. Feeling good!
Here are some of my “Babbles” from this week!
- Reminiscing on favorite snacks from my childhood to get inspiration for feeding my own kids!
- Musings on why I think Norma Bates would totally dig my chicken pot pie recipe.
- I gathered together 15 fig recipes that look divine!
- If you’re looking for fall appetizer recipes, look no further! I found appetizers featuring apples and appetizers featuring pumpkin!
Nate had me watch a documentary called The Crash Reel this week and it was fantastic. Click here to read more about it. Everyone should see it, especially parents and teens/young adults who play sports.
Dexter and Breaking Bad are both killing me right now. In a good way. Mostly. (I think I may have increased blood pressure by the time these shows are done.)
The very first song that I posted on Kitchen Tunage was from this totally cool music video by a Norwegian singer. It wasn’t on Spotify so I couldn’t ever listen to it except if I put the video on. I discovered this week that it’s now available on Spotify! Woohoo! (I think I might be the only person in the world who cares about this, but I am really excited!) Also, I am once again posting almost daily on the music blog, so the playlist keeps getting better and is keeping me great company when I cook!
Enough rambling from me (man, I’m talkative today!). Please share anything you’d like! Your own blog posts, stuff you found this week that you love, whatever!
Friday, August 16
Happy Friday! Actually, for me it’s UNhappy Friday because it’s our last day on the Cape. Back to real life in just two days!
Okay, Show and Tell time!
Have you heard Frank Turner’s music? We’re kind of loving it around here.
Breaking Bad is back! I am SUPER excited for this last handful of episodes. Also, I am on Team Hank. How about you?
I pulled together a round up of bacon desserts on Babble today. I’m still not convinced of this crazy fad, but every last one of the pictures in this collection of recipes makes me want to dive right in. Hmmmm….
I also rounded up 10 recipes for 10 different types of fish.
Oh, and lemongrass recipes. I really love lemongrass.
Check out our fun Mexican-themed family night we did with Grandma Phyllis!
And don’t miss these 10 tips I shared for staying healthy even when the busy school year starts. (I employed some of these techniques while traveling the last few weeks and we did pretty darn good!)
PHEW. For being on vacation, I’ve been busy. I need another vacation!
Remember, you can Show and Tell, too! Show us what you got!
Tuesday, May 7
I have something fun to share with you today and I’m super excited about it! First, let me set the stage.
This blog was born because Nate brought home an old, free iMac to put in the kitchen. I’ll never forget saying, “What will I do with a computer in the kitchen?” Makes me laugh looking back. Anyway, in addition to creating a free Blogger blog to list out the things I cooked for my brother’s reference (yes, that is why I started the blog), I also set up iTunes so I could listen to music while I cooked. It was revelatory. Having music playing made my time in the kitchen so much more enjoyable and I loved it!
I tried to write about the music I was listening to, but it was hard to keep up and, frankly, didn’t seem to fit on the blog, even though the music was a big part of my cooking life. Then I had a couple babies and kind of forgot new music even existed. Lately, though, I’ve gotten more into it again. Between the kitchen and the car, the kids and I are listening to a lot of music. New music, old music, all kinds of music. I’ve even started “Music Education” with the girls to make sure they don’t end up on American Idol one day saying something like, “I’ve never heard of the Beatles. Are they famous?”
I’m constantly wanting to share this music with you but haven’t really found a good way to do so. Until now!
Enter Kitchen Tunage.
Because one blog apparently isn’t enough, I’ve started another! Kitchen Tunage is my Tumblr blog that shares my kitchen playlist. It’s nothing fancy. I’m not a music critic and I don’t claim to be. It’s just my playlist, what we are to listening to now. There’s a lot of good music out there and I can’t help but want to share it with you!
The playlist will have old favorites, new discoveries, random stuff we’re listening to and the lists of bands that the girls are being educated on. I’ll update it almost daily. It’s gonna be fun! Head over, take a listen, and spread the word…my little Tumblr needs friends!