Friday, January 27
Today I have a simple and easy lunch or dinner recipe for you. It is Friday after all, may as well take it easy! And it’s so yummy that after eating it Cate declared I was the best cook in the world. (I think her dad must be paying her to always say such nice things about me.)
We used to have a CPK ASAP near our house and they served a pesto chicken salad sandwich that I loved. Loved so much, in fact, it was one of the few things I could eat when I was pregnant. Well, the CPK ASAP is gone and with it my sandwich.
I’ve taken matters into my own hands. While I haven’t yet tried my hand at the yummy pizza bread that they used, I have nailed the pesto chicken salad aspect of the sandwich. I made it for the first time last night and it was so easy and so yummy. Definitely will be making it again…and again…and again!Pesto Chicken Salad SandwichesFrom Jane Maynard, inspired by CPKAuthor: Jane MaynardRecipe type: Main Dish, SandwichIngredients
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup basil pesto
- salt to taste, based on saltiness of your pesto
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- Cook the chicken breasts however you like (I boiled mine until cooked through – it’s easy and you’re just going to mix it with sauce). Shred chicken and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Mix together mayonnaise and pesto. Add half of this mixture to the chicken and mix well. Add the other half of the mixture to your chopped romaine lettuce. I like to mix them separately so that if we have leftover chicken we don’t have lettuce that will go wilted and yucky mixed in – the next day I can throw together a little sauce and lettuce. Make sense? Serve on your favorite bread.
Wednesday, January 31Cilantro PestoFrom Adrianne Campbell (from Cuisine at Home magazine)Author: Jane MaynardRecipe type: Side DishIngredients
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ peanuts — or pine nuts
- ¼ fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
NotesThis is really good with rice as a side to Chili Chicken Skewers.3.2.2646
- Process all ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil until minced. Add the olive oil, blend until smooth.