Tuesday, January 20
I have another Crazy Easy Chicken recipe for you today! So far we have Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken (which I posted last October) and Parmesan-Crusted Chicken. Today we’re going to go with a savory-sweet recipe, which happens to be my favorite flavor combo! (As in, don’t put any chocolate-covered pretzels anywhere near me or they will ALL disappear.)
We only need 3 ingredients for this recipe: chicken, maple syrup and soy sauce. That’s it, you’re done. I love how the saltiness of the soy sauce is a perfect balance to the maple syrup. It’s pretty much divine and so easy to throw together.
This chicken would be great on a salad, in a stir fry or maybe even just on its own with a big pile of creamy garlic mashed potatoes. Yeah, that sounds good to me. Do that.Savory Maple ChickenPrep timeCook timeTotal timeWith only 3 ingredients, this super easy chicken recipe is great for a weeknight and hits the salty-sweet spot!Author: Jane MaynardIngredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 part soy sauce
- 2 parts REAL maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Stab the chicken breasts on both sides a TON with a fork.
- Mix together the soy sauce and maple syrup (you should be using twice as much maple syrup as soy sauce).
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken, turning the chicken several times to make sure it is coated in the sauce. (The little holes from your fork stabbing will help the chicken to take in some of that yummy sauce.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until inside of chicken is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 160º F. Don't overcook to keep it moist and tender.
- I didn't provide measurements because this is a CRAZY EASY recipe and you don't need them! For two chicken breasts, it will probably take about ¼ - ½ cup maple syrup and ⅛ - ¼ cup soy sauce, but that's just a guess. Adjust accordingly as you put the dish together and suit to your own tastes. If you want more sauce, whip up a little more sauce!
Posted by Jane Maynard at 10:48 am 3 Comments
Categories: Crazy Easy Chicken Recipes, featured recipes, main dishes, Recipes Tags: chicken recipes, crazy easy chicken, crazy easy chicken recipes, maple soy chicken, maple syrup, quick dinner ideas, savory maple chicken, soy sauce |