Tuesday, March 4
Tacone is one of my favorite take-out food joints. They have great wraps and the best homemade potato chips EVER. Sadly, there are very few Tacone restaurants in the world and I hardly ever get my fix!
While I know I’ll never be able to replicate their potato chips, I can copycat my favorite Tacone wraps. My most favorite was always the Malibu Melt. It’s simple but oh-so-delicious. And the homemade version is just as good as the restaurant. Bonus: this recipe is super quick and easy, which is always my favorite kind of recipe!
Happy wrapping!Malibu Melt WrapsPrep timeTotal timeInspired by the restaurant Tacone, one of our favorites!Author: Jane MaynardIngredients
- Flour tortillas
- Cooked chicken breast, chopped, either grilled or breaded (I personally love the Bread Chicken Tenderloin Breasts from Trader Joe's in the freezer section)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Avocado, cut into chunks
- Honey mustard salad dressing (click here for a homemade recipe; I also love the Ken's Steakhouse honey mustard from the store)
- Lay out the flour tortilla and spread some honey mustard dressing down the center. Add the chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and avocado. Top with another drizzle of honey mustard then wrap it all up like a burrito!
Thursday, May 30
I have a new favorite go-to meal that happens to be perfect for summer: Chicken Caesar Wraps!
They’re easy, the ingredient list is short and compiled of items I normally have on hand, and I’m always surprised at just how tasty they are!
The other fun thing is you can make them super, duper easy or gourmet them up a bit, using more homemade ingredients. No matter how you make them, they are delicious!
I wasn’t really planning to do a post about chicken caesar wraps, but when we were eating them for dinner last night, Anna said, “Mom, you should take a picture of these for your blog!” She’s always looking out for the blog!Summer Go-To Meal: Chicken Caesar WrapsAuthor: Jane MaynardRecipe type: Main Dish, PoultryIngredients
- Flour tortillas or other wrap that you like (I prefer uncooked tortillas that you cook on the stove, they are delicious and are nice and flexible, which is perfect for a wrap)
- Cooked chicken breast (You could buy pre-cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make it super simple. I like to grill boneless, skinless chicken breasts on my grill pan salt and pepper the chicken breasts, cook over medium heat until temperature reaches 160 degrees)
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- Croutons (You can make your own, but in this case I think the crunchy store-bought kind work nicely because they are so super crunchy, which gives good texture to the wrap.)
- Caesar dressing (again, you can make your own, but I always have a bottle of Girard’s Caesar dressing in the fridge, so that’s what I use!)
- Lay out your tortilla/wrap, pile on all the other ingredients, fold like a burrito and eat!
- I like to spread some dressing on the tortilla before piling on the ingredients and then topping everything with more dressing before wrapping it all up!